VISION OF DEPARTMENT OF RUBBER AND PLASTICS TECHNOLOGY
The Department of Rubber & Plastics Technology shall strive to be a globally renowned department known for its academic excellence, professionalism and social responsibilities. We aim to impart high technical knowledge, practical skill, leadership qualities, ethical value and foster creative entrepreneurial skill to become a demand based solution provider in the field of Rubber and Plastics Technology.
MISSION OF DEPARTMENT OF RUBBER AND PLASTICS TECHNOLOGY
The Mission of the Department of Rubber and Plastics Technology is
To produce the students to meet the fundamental expectations of the Rubber and Plastics industries
To enhance the technical knowledge with respect to the current scenario through collaboration with industries and research organization
Emphasize Product Design aspects to enable students to be innovators in the field of Rubber and Plastics Technology
Motivate the students to become job providers rather than job seekers
- Take up inter and multi disciplinary research and consultancy projects with industry and research establishments
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The B.Tech Rubber and Plastics Technology curriculum prepares students for successful careers and life-long learning as productive and innovative technologists in a rapidly changing world. Our students learn the basics of problem solving in required mathematics, science, and engineering courses and learn the fundamentals of rubber and plastics technology courses and core courses including technical electives and management related courses. All students have the opportunity to broaden their academic experience and strengthen their preparation for life-long learning by taking courses from a broad spectrum of programs across the university, including environmental science and engineering, professional ethics, management and many others.
This education is meant to prepare our students to thrive and to lead and to prepare them to achieve our two Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1: Career Development: Graduates of the programme will have successful technical and professional careers in Rubber and Plastics industry, research and management.
PEO 2: Lifelong learning: Graduates of the programme will have sustained interest to continuously learn and adapt new technology and development to meet the changing industrial scenarios
The programme outcomes of academic programme at under graduate level is defined in terms of transforming a school passed out student with aspirations and full of energy into a responsible citizen, who can think independently and take decision with long term perception, socially conscious job seeker or job provider. The curriculum was designed in such a way that all program outcomes were covered to achieve the program educational objectives.
The Technology Program in Rubber and Plastics attains the following student learning program outcomes:
- Graduate will demonstrate strong basics in mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduate will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Graduate will become familiar with modern engineering tools and analyze the problems within the domains of rubber and plastics as the members of multidisciplinary teams.
- Graduate will acquire the capability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems related to rubber and plastics technology.
Graduate will demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility with reference to their career in the field of polymers.
- Graduate will be able to communicate effectively both in verbal and non verbal forms.
- Graduate will be trained towards developing and understanding the impact of development of rubber and plastics on global, economic environmental and societal context.
- Graduate will be capable of understanding the value for life-long learning.
Graduate will demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues focusing on the necessity to develop new material, design, process, testing and solution for environmental related problems related to their field.
- Graduate will demonstrate the ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice in the field of rubber and plastics.
- Graduate will have a firm scientific, technological and communication base that helps them either to find a desire placement or to become an entrepreneur and explore their knowledge in their field.
- Graduate will be capable of doing higher studies and research in inter and multi disciplinary areas.
STAKEHOLDERS OF THE PROGRAMME
Our students are our primary stakeholders. Our program is aimed toward providing our students with knowledge and skills that enable them to embark upon successful engineering careers, undertake higher studies, research, or contribute to society in other ways. For this reason, we consider both current and former students as part of the student stakeholders. On average, about 90-95% of our students enter the workforce, and about 5-10 % enrolls in for higher education after graduation and a few students after industrial experience becomes entrepreneurs. Considering the high percentage of our graduates who enter the workforce, employers of our graduates are also important stakeholders.
Our faculty and students are members of the professional organization such as All India Rubber Industries Association (AIRIA), Indian Rubber Institute (IRI), Indian Plastics Institute (IPI) and interacts with all organization with respect to curriculum and laboratory practical development, In-plant training, project work and placement.
The Stakeholders committee members consists of the following representatives from:
- Present students
- Industries related to this field / Research Organization
- University-Industry interface committee members
- Professional organization related to Rubber /Plastics/Polymer industries