The dept of Instrumentation Engineering started in the year of 1949, now offers
Instrumentation Engineering at PG level, Electronics and Instrumentation
Engineering at UG level and Ph.D/MS(by research) for both regular and Part-time
scholars. The Department has unique recognition as DST-FIST sponsored Department.
The NBA expert team also visited the department during Dec 2007. Recently, the
QIP expert team also visited the Department to give recognition for offering the
M.E/Ph.D. under QIP scheme.
* Highly qualified and dedicated faculties with multi disciplinary expertise and
* Well equipped laboratories with State-of –art facilities to pursue high end
* Received funding to the tune of 2crores from various funding agencies.
* Collaborative research with Universities and R&D organization in India and
* Around 40 Ph.D scholars are currently pursuing Ph.D
* Testing and consultancy with Placka, CDAC, L&T, Tamil nadu Government.
* Organizes National/International conferences and CEP/FDP
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
* The Department of Instrumentation Engineering, shall strive towards becoming
trend setter and a facilitator in Electronics, Instrumentation and ControlEngineering for higher learning, research and consultancy.
* We shall strive to become a preferred partner to the industry and community for
contribution towards their economic and social development by providing high
quality manpower with sound technical knowledge, professional skills and ethical
* EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF SMART CLASS ROOM FACILITY( INTERNET/VIDEO-CONFERENCING/PPT PRESENTATION/Multimedia Tools).
* CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN THE FIELD OF INTELLIGENT SENSING AND AUTOMATION.
* Establishment of Calibration Centre.
* ADDITONAL FLOOR SPACE (NEW BUILDINGS)