"My only ambition is that the Institute should be taken over by the Government and made a PREMIER SOUTH ZONE INSTITUTE"
Founder of the Madras Institute of Technology
- Madras Institute of Technology shall contribute to the educational, economic and social development
- By producing students who are intellectually and technically equipped with well defined knowledge, skills and ethics, who are creative thinkers, inspiring leaders and contributing citizens.
- By introducing high quality academic and research programmes and providing extension services in cutting edge technologies.
- By ensuring a supportive campus climate with dynamic leadership and development opportunities to meet the needs of students, faculty and staff.
- By enhancing academic productivity through induction of quality faculty, accelerated graduation, credit banking, augmented continuing education opportunities and adoption of current technology.
- By sharing the intellectual resources and the infrastructural facilities among the academia from other institutions and among the industrial society, funding agencies and government.
- By enhancing the collaborative partnership between Industry and Institute for commercializing and transferring the latest technological know-how towards societal development.
- By expanding global participation spread across continents with the aid of interactive satellite based education and the usage of digital library.
- By ensuring efficient administrative co-ordination and effective decision making through necessary reforms and by strategically allocating resources.
By benchmarking against technologically sound global leaders with a view towards continuous improvement.