THE ASSOCIATION OF PRODUCTION ENGINEERS
The Association of Production Engineers (TAPE), the powerful student organization of the Department of Production Technology, MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai began its progressive activities in the year 1978. Throughout these thirty one years, the TAPE has been instrumental in enhancing the co curricular skills and personality development aspects of the students. TAPE is supported by the able guidance of the staff members of the Department of Production Technology in all its endeavours. The TAPE was inaugurated on the 30th of July this year.
The following are the regular activities of TAPE
* Weekly TAPE sessions held for pre final, second and first year students for
* Monthly guest lectures given by eminent professors and delegates from the industries to enlighten students on the current trends.
* Orientation meeting for the freshers of our department to extend a warm welcome to them.
* Celebration of Teachers’ day every year as a token of gratitude and respect to our honourable teachers.
* Dr.M.S.Selvam Memorial lecture, an annual event in fond remembrance of Dr.M.S.Selvam with memorial prizes being distributed to meritorious students.
* Interaction cricket match between students and staffs.
* EXPRO- An annual national level technical symposium held with the active participation of students from colleges across the nation. Alumni meet is held during the same evening – a symbol of the strong bond that our alumni share with us.
The following are the additional activities that have been planned for this year
* Renovation of the department library
* Monthly events for students to quench their thirst for knowledge in the core topics of production engineering.