Designation : Professor
Qualification :B.E, M.E, Ph.D, M.B.A
Area Of Interest :LTE, Broadband Wireless Network ,
Mobile Communications, Mobile Database,Wireless Security,
Computer Networks, Information and Network Security
Awards & Prizes
“The Young Engineer Award” for the year 2009 by the Institution of Engineers(India) in recognition of the contributions in the field of Computer Engineering.
“Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research in USA for the Year 2014-15 by UGC” for 12 months at University of California, Davis, USA.
- DST- FAST TRACK for Young Scientist- Efficient Handoff and Authentication Schemes for QoS Enhancement in IEEE 802.16m for 4G Networks, Jan 2012 to Dec 2014
- CTDT- Anna University, Efficient Resource Utilization by solving Scheduling Problems in WiMAX networks, Sep 2009 to Aug 2010
- CTDT- Anna University, Optimal Handoff minimization in future generation networks using interlayer handoff approach, April 2012 to Sep 2012
- CTDT- Anna University, Drum: A dynamic router utilization mechanism in SDN using Wicomm-T Test beds, Feb 2014 to Aug 2014
- CTDT – Anna University, Trust based mechanism to overcome node isolation attack in MANETS, Feb 2014 to Aug 2014
“Mobile Communication: Principles, Protocols and Evolution”- for Pearson Education (authoring)
Number of Ph.D Scholars Supervising - 5
Membership in Professional Bodies : IEEE, ACM (Senior Member), ISTE, CSI
Journal Reviewer :IEEE, ACM, Elsevier, Springer Publications.
Raman Post Doctoral Research Fellow : Department of Computer Science, University of California, Davis, USA, September 2014 to September 2015
Countries Visited in Conjunction with Conferences : USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, Europe, Malaysia, Singapore
Invited Presentation : “Challenges in IEEE 802.16 Broadband Wireless Access”, in Brunel University, London, UK.
- Ramkumar J, Gunasekaran R, Rajakumar A, Raja K and Sheeba S, “ A Survey on Scheduling Mechanisms in Broadband Wireless Networks,” 3rd International Conference on Advancements in Information Technology - ICAIT 2014, Dubai, Aug 22 -23, 2014.
- Gunasekaran R, Rajakumar A., Raja K., Ramkumar J., Sudhir S.K. Kumar, and Umapathy S, “An Efficient Handover Prediction & Initiation Algorithm for Vehicular Communication In 4G Wireless Networks,” 3rd International Conference on Advancements in Information Technology - ICAIT 2014, Dubai, Aug 22 -23, 2014.
- J.Ramkumar, R. Gunasekaran“ A New Path Loss Model for LTE Networks to Address Propagation Delay” International Conference on Telecom Technology and Applications, 19-20 May 2013, Denmark,( IJCCE), Vol.2, No.4, July 2013, pp. 413 – 416
- R. Gunasekaran, E. Niranjani, S. Suganya, D. Vivekananthan and K. Raja,”Cross-layer Optimization using Game Theory to Alleviate Unfairness in Wireless Networks” IEEE International Conference on Knowledge Information and Creativity Support Systems , 8-10 Nov. 2012, Australia, pp. 7-13
- R.Gunasekaran, P.Sumitha, V.Rhymend Uthariaraj, “Throughput Enhancement in Ad hoc networks using Virtual Carrier Sensing Mechanisms” International Conference on Electronics and Information Engineering ICEIE 2010, 1-3 August 2010, Kyoto, Japan, pp. VI105 - VI109.
- R.Gunasekaran, V.Rhymend Uthariaraj and V.P.Divya “Mitigating Channel Usage in Cooperative Caching for Mobile Ad hoc Networks” in the Inderscience Publications - International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous computing, Vol. 7, No.2, 2011, pp. 87-99.
- R.Gunasekaran, S. Siddharth, P. Krishnaraj, M. Kalaiarasan, V.Rhymend Uthariaraj “Efficient algorithms to solve Broadcast Scheduling problem in WiMAX mesh networks” in the Elsevier-Journal of Computer Communications, Vol. 33, Issue 11, July 2010, pp. 1325-1333.
- R.Gunasekaran, V.Rhymend Uthariaraj, U.Yamini, R.Sudharsan, S. Sujitha Priyadarshini “A Distributed Mechanism for Handling of Adaptive/Intelligent Selfish Misbehavior at MAC Layer in Mobile Adhoc networks” in the Springer Publications-Journal of Computer Science and Technology (JCST), Vol.24, No.3, May 2009, pp. 472-481.
- R.Gunasekaran, V.Rhymend Uthariaraj, “Prevention of Denial of Service Attacks and Performance Enhancement in Mobile Ad hoc Networks” 6th International Conference on Information Technology- New Generations ITNG 09 April 27-29, 2009, Las Vegas, USA, pp.640-645.
- R.Gunasekaran, V.Rhymend Uthariaraj, R.Rajesh, S.Karthikeyan and S.Aravind, ”Priority Scheduling in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks with Improved Bandwidth Utilization” IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering CCECE08, May 4-7, 2008, Ontario, Canada, pp. 1955-1958.
- R. Gunasekaran, V.Rhymend Uthariaraj, U. Yamini, R.Sudharsan and S. Sujitha Priyadarshini, ”Detection and Prevention of Selfish and Misbehaving Nodes at MAC Layer in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”“IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering CCECE08 May 4-7, 2008, Ontario, Canada, pp. 1945-1948.
- R.Gunasekaran and V.Rhymend Uthariaraj, ”An Enhanced MAC Protocols for Differentiated Services in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANET)- A Profile Based Approach” 5th International Conference on IT in Asia2007 CITA07 July 9-12 2007, Sarawak, Malaysia, pp. 306-308.