Vision of Production Technology
To develop educational avenues for the students to emerge as disciplined researchers, technocrats and entrepreneurs making transformative impact on establishing a world class society in the domain of Production Engineering and Automation.
Mission of Production Technology
1. To impart students with knowledge on modern manufacturing and automated systems by incorporating critical thinking, leadership qualities, communication with interpersonal skills.
2. To create a conducive environment for exchange of multidisciplinary ideas towards research, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship to meet the societal needs with optimal solutions.
3. To follow the values of integrity and honesty through curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
Programme Educational Objectives
1. Graduates will be competent to effectively design, model, and analyze products and processes, incorporating essential skills required for automated production systems.
2. Graduates will emerge with the necessary confidence and expertise in production engineering, positioning them for successful careers in industry, research organizations, or as entrepreneurs.
3. Graduates will incorporate ethical considerations and a keen awareness of societal and environmental responsibilities into their lifelong learning practices.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- Knowledge on Production system: Familiarization of basic, advanced systems and practices in Production Engineering.
- Knowledge on design, analysis and development: Demonstration of functions, processes, design and automation of various systems in Production Engineering to enhance the quality of the product.
- Foundation of continuous improvement: Knowledge on application of appropriated materials, production processes and production system and development of an optimal solution to achieve continuous improvement to cater the needs of industry and society.