PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
Bachelor of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering curriculum is designed to prepare the graduates having attitude and knowledge to:
- Have successful technical and professional careers in their chosen fields such as Process Control, Electronics & Information Technology.
- Engross in life long process of learning to keep themselves abreast of new developments in the field of Electronics & Instrumentation.
- Sustain the highest integrity and social responsibility in all their endeavours
Bachelor of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering curriculum is designed to prepare the graduates to acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes in order to:
- Be successful in their technical, professional careers & in their chosen fields such as Electronics, Instrumentation, Process Control & Information Technology.
- Engross in the life long process of learning to keep themselves abreast of new developments in the emerging areas of Electronics, Instrumentation, Process Control & Information Technology.
- Start their own company or nurture innovative ideas and creativity in their work
- Uphold the highest integrity and social responsibility in all their endeavours.
- Exhibit leadership and inter-personal skills.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs):
Engineering Graduates will be able to
PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs):
After completion of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering program, students will gain core competency skills in domains such as Electronics, Instrumentation and Process control and
- Be able to Select, install, calibrate and maintain instruments used for measurement and analysis and interpret the data obtained to arrive at a significant conclusion.
- Be able to analyze, design and develop signal conditioning circuits for sensors, actuators and select a suitable Embedded System for realizing various control schemes and smart instruments.
- Be able to design, develop and implement control schemes for various industrial processes and gain hands on experience in configuring Industrial Automation System such as PLC and DCS.